About Carlisle Technology
In 1985, with a background in designing and implementing complex industrial weighing solutions and control systems for the steel industry, as well as InMotion weighing solutions of railroad cars, John deVries and Paul Delaney founded what would become Carlisle Technology Inc.
After much success at building integrated hardware and software solutions and many installations, Carlisle Technology started providing food industry solutions in the early 1990s. Our first solutions allowed meat processors to apply UCC-128 barcodes to production cartons in order to comply with downstream demands from their customers. Due to the value derived from these systems, customers also sought out Carlisle for additional solutions such as:
- Mixed case product weighing and labelling
- Giveaway management
- In-motion, unattended weighing and labelling
- Touch-screen workstations for the plant floor
- Centralized data collection and production management
- True serialized carton/pallet inventory management
- Centralized label management
- Carcass weighing and cooler yield tracking
Over the years, Carlisle Technology has steadily responded to the needs of the food industry by adding product features, application configurability, scalability, and ERP System integration. Today, Carlisle’s focus is on full featured, plant wide, integrated software and hardware solutions that meet the needs of the Food Processing Industry from receiving to shipping and order fullfillment.
We provide and support fully integrated plant floor data collection and inventory solutions , which enable full internal traceability as well as process visibility. Due to Carlisle’s broad expertise, maintaining or improving productivity during the data collection process is a key consideration in all our systems.
- Livestock Procurement and Receiving
- Harvest floor carcass tracking and weighing/grading
- Finished Item Serialized Piece weighing, carton building
- Packaging weight compliance
- Inventory and Warehouse Management
- Finished Item Picking, Palletizing and Shipping
- Item Pricing, Order Entry and Fulfilment, Invoicing
- Tight integration with accounting systems (synchronizing customers, orders, inventory, invoicing,…)
Advancing the Industry
Our focus is internal traceability, and the investments we’ve made over several decades enable us to implement efficient and advanced solutions that provide excellent ROI for our clients. Some recent projects include.
- Process Traceability (dynamic recipe and process configuration, with full tracking of ingredients, process steps, quality tracking, and lot codes)
- Projected Availability (also called “Available-to-Promise”, salespeople can see what inventory is expected to be ready to sell at a future date.
- Line Performance Monitoring and BI Toolkits
- Integration to Robotic Palletizing solutions for pallet build and labeling
- Enhanced solution scalability from small to large manufacturers
- Vendor Performance based on expected quantity, quality, and timing of product receipts