Service and Automation Technician
Carlisle Technology has specialized in food plant-floor hardware and software solutions for over 30 years. Our systems have been implemented in food processing plants of all sizes across North America. Carlisle Technology’s Integrated software and hardware solutions provide 360-degree visibility into food production and plant operations.
About the role:
Carlisle Technology’s integrated solutions bring together various pieces of hardware and software to create fully integrated solutions. These solutions include industrial PCs, scales, automated and manual labeling equipment, and scanners. Our integrated solutions help food processing plants weigh, label, and track products throughout their production facility. Our Hardware Service Team plays a key role in installing and supporting our integrated solutions. The team requires a results-oriented individual with a mechanical background in solution automation to help install and service these solutions.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work with our hardware team to support project installations, and field service work. This will be a mixed role with both office and field service work.
If this sounds like an interesting challenge, then we want to hear from you!
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- Post-Secondary degree or diploma (preferably in automation or computer electronics)
- Strong analytical and diagnostic skills and a drive to resolve customer issues to their satisfaction
- Proficiency in MS Office products (Word, Excel, Outlook, Windows)
- A clear understanding of network infrastructure (LAN, WLAN) and communication protocols
- Strong communication skills for understanding customer issues, training, and motivating others
- Robust knowledge of how relays, and digital I/O’s work
- Mechanical knowledge of scales, motors, and conveyors
- The ability to collaborate and coordinate as part of a multi-department team
The ideal candidate will have the following characteristics:
- The ability to multi-task and work effectively under pressure
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A keen interest in technology and automation
- Time management skills to efficiently balance responsibilities
- Resourcefulness and creativity to describe solutions to solve customer issues
- 3-5 years of experience in electronics and mechanical equipment
- Able to occasionally travel across North America, and able to work extended hours on projects (as required)
- Installing, configuring, and repairing the plant-floor portion of Carlisle Technology’s solutions. Including:
- Industrial PC workstations
- Automated weighing and labeling solutions
- Scales (conveyor scales, rail scales, and bench scales)
- Creating and updating user documentation for system operation
- Organizing and performing customer training (onsite or at Carlisle Technology’s facility)
- Other miscellaneous tasks (as required)