See our visibility page
Justifying the cost of a plant visibility solution
Gain tangible benefits from implementing an in-plant information solution in your food processing facility, including:
- Labour savings: Reduce rework, returns, and overproduction
- Inventory turnover savings: Improve stock rotation, reducing overstock
- Reduce scrapping of aged inventory: Serialized tracking by carton lets you know where every carton is, and lets you focus on moving products before they become too old to ship
- Save on capital investments: Ensure lines are running as efficiently as possible, so that you can produce more with your existing plant capacity
- Reduce giveaway: for standard weight products, ensure your shipments statistically comply with regulations regarding weight tolerances, while not giving away your profits.
- Reduce downtime: Be notified in real-time of events that shut down your line. Automatically notify the people responsible for keeping it running (eg: maintenance/IT), and escalate if the severity increases or no resolution is found within the expected time
- Reduce scope and risk of recalls: know what you shipped, and what went into each shipment so that if a product needs to be quarantined, only the suspect product is affected
Intangible benefits of increasing visibility are those strategic benefits that help you stay ahead of your competition:
- More informed decision making: Provide more accurate and more timely information to decision makers (eg: production management)
- Improve customer satisfaction: increased production and inventory visibility ensures your customer gets the correct shipment, on time. Happy customers will order more.
How to gain visibility?
Carlisle’s Symphony™ Plant Productivity Suite is the culmination of years of experience in providing production tracking systems for the food industry.