Recently there have been significant product recalls due to outsourced ingredients. Even when a manufacturer’s finished product meets all of the required specifications, a recall may be driven by defective packaging materials. To address this specific food industry challenge it is critical that all ingredients as well as the packaging materials are tracked.
The Symphony “Raw Materials Manager” allows tight tracking of packaging, spices, liquid ingredients, allergenic and medicinal ingredients against the finished goods lot. This ensures instantaneous backward and forward traceability of ingredients and packaging materials, thereby reducing the risk of a food recall.
- Interfaces to ERP Systems for Purchase Order Information
- Receiving of Dry Goods and Ingredients against Purchase Orders
- Formal Truck Approval
- HACCP Data Collection
- Inventory of Dry Goods and other Ingredients/Raw Materials
- WIP Issue towards Production Processes
- Trace Production Lot# Sources
- Trace Production Lot# Derivatives
- Trace Vendor Lot# Derivatives
- Trace Box Sources
- Trace Box Derivatives
- Receiving Of Outside Purchases
- Product Consumption
- WIP Issue
- Inventory and Warehousing
- ERP Export interface
Today’s plants and distribution centers are experiencing a tremendous change in the way they do business. They must provide a higher level of customer satisfaction through delivery performance – with tighter deadlines and smaller budgets. They must also be able to conform to regulatory specifications. To respond to this challenge, they need to be able to carry out their duties quickly and efficiently. Manual means will no longer suffice.
Carlisle’s InSight™ Wireless WMS is the ideal solution for your warehouse management and inventory control needs.
The benefits of our new InSight™ System include:
- Greater inventory and location accuracy
- Better stock rotation
- Comprehensive control of product recall management and traceability
- Multi-Level management of product quarantine
- Productivity Monitoring Tools
- Advanced data management and web-reporting capabilities
- Connectivity to ERP, MRP and other external systems
- Scalability for future expansion
- Transforms your raw data into management information, which facilitates:
- Better, more responsive decisions
- Improved customer service
- Reduction of waste
- More productive employees
Today’s Label Print-and-Apply Systems have extraordinary capabilities. They are rugged and robust and ideal for industrial use. Print and Apply systems are capable of printing anything that a desktop printer can, they can keep up to high speed production lines, are robust enough to run 24 hours a day x 7 days a week, and are easily maintained for maximum uptime.
Carton labels can be side applied, front applied, side and front applied or corner wrapped. Labels can even be top applied at high speeds on variable-height boxes. A packing slip tag showing the contents of a carton can be printed on double sided tag stock and deposited into the carton. For brand protection, we can provide several tamper proof label print & apply solutions, the list goes on and on…
Carlisle Technology can supply label applicators with almost any print engine on the market, however, Carlisle has partnered with Datamax-O’Neil to supply the industry with applicators that utilize the strengths and innovation built into Datamax’s print engines.
Carlisle has extensive experience (20+ years) with many different applications and printing environments. Our expertise comes from working with various applicator manufacturers over the years, as well as from our own experience in building custom applicators. So we know how to match the applicator and the media (labels, ribbons) with your application.
For more information on printer applicators we carry, please click here
Product giveaway – the difference between what is paid for and what is actually shipped (keeping in mind that you cannot short change the customer) – can be very expensive, especially in the meat business! Carlisle offers software solutions to minimize giveaway and manage the tare weights of various packaging components (including real time inventory and consumption of these components). Changing components and their associate tare weights are simply administered through a Carlisle Solution.
To reduce giveaway – we offer solutions for:
- Componentized Package Tare Weight Management
- Over/under setpoint control on weigh/label stations
- Plant floor display of cumulative giveaway by product
- On-Line SPC Sampling
- Off-Line SPC Sampling
- EARS alerts in case of slippage
- Product Giveaway Web reports – real time
- Digital Dashboards for Management staff