Need to control your mushroom giveaway and get full traceability back to the piece?
The Symphony™: Pack- off Manager is a net weight management solution from Carlisle that allows you to closely monitor and manage the net weight of trays before they are packed into cartons. Plus, it records all the information you need for traceability purposes.
- Better weight control (tighter tolerances, less “give-away”, less rework)
- Streamline operator functions, improving productivity, and reducing training requirements
- Visibility – production monitoring, operator monitoring, and yield monitoring
- Traceability of pieces into cartons, cartons into pallets, pallets to customers
How it Works:
The Symphony: Packoff Manager follows this process:
- A facility may have numerous stations in the harvest room(s), each equipped with a CW-90 check weigher loaded with Carlisle’s software. The operator selects the product (a tray of mushrooms, or a bulk “lug” of mushrooms), and fills it until it is within the allowable tolerances.
- Transaction recording: When the tray/lug is within tolerances, a label is printed on the attached Datamax-O’Neil E-class Mark III printer, and the operator affixes it to the product (the label has a 2D barcode with all the transaction information)
- Product Transformation: using a scanner with a keypad and display, the operator can convert one product into another (eg: to convert whole mushrooms into a sliced mushroom product). New product labels are printed for affixing to each tray, and the relationship is recorded for traceability purposes
- Packaging: A workstation running Carlisle Technology’s iCap is used for building cartons. The operator takes the trays that have been previously weighed, and scans the barcodes (with the Motorola DS9808 scanner) as they are placed into a carton. When full, a carton label is produced on the Datamax-O’Neil m-class printer. For bulk products, the mushrooms are loaded into cartons, and a label is produced for the carton.
- Yield analysis: Trays are randomly check-weighed for cooler shrink analysis reporting
- Pallet labelling: When an operator is finished loading a pallet of product (either the pallet is full, or he/she runs out of product), a pallet label is printed and affixed to the pallet. The label has a bar code, which links the pallet to all it’s composing cartons.
Features and Functionality
- Centrally controlled product file (products, packaging tare weights) accessible via web browser
- Operators assigned to stations via web browser (used for measuring productivity of operators)
- Filling of product trays (pieces) can be in separate locations from the packaging of cartons
- Scale report: shows production for each station within a given time period. Report showis products, quantities, weights, and giveaway
- Product report: shows production for all stations within a given time period
- Operator reports: shows production for each operator within a given time period, including efficiency metrics
- Shrink Analysis report: shows weighing on scale v
- Carton pieces report: shows which pieces are in a particular carton, by either entering the carton ID, or by entering one of the piece IDs
- Tray Detail Information: shows details about a particular tray (piece), including product #, picking date/time, packaging time/date, operator, carton it went into
- Pack-off Product Listing: shows all pack-off products, with their descriptions, weight target and tolerances, tare weights